Who doesn’t like to eat? I hear no noise. That answers my question. Everybody likes to taste the authentic dishes of a country. After all, it is through these food items that we get to know a little bit more about the country and its people.
If you are an American, you could have heard about the name Key Lime Pie. But this is not very popular among foreigners. Unlike other American recipes, this one has not been touched by the effects of globalization. But that is one of the main reasons why this dish has remained intact.
Unlike other popular American dishes that have seen the twist and turn of history and have gone through significant changes to suit the palette of the modern generations, the key lime pie recipe has always been true to its roots.
Key Lime Pie
One of the most important contributions of America’s Key West to the culture of America is the Key lime Pie. It is the door to the laid-back days of the past if that is something that you’re looking for.
This low-sugar dessert is something that you are not going to forget. And because of the pleasant lemony aftertaste that the pie leaves in your mouth, you will only crave another bite of this fascinating dish.
Key Lime Pie Recipe: Make It At Home!
If you like to try your hands at making new dishes and try your hands at the dishes of different countries, this one’s for you. Try making the key lime pie that is native to the tongue of the Americans.
Here is the key lime pie recipe for you to make at home:
⦿ Graham cracker crust: 1 cup
⦿ Melted butter: ½ cup
⦿ Condensed milk: 3 cups (1½ cans)
⦿ Sour cream: 350ml
⦿ Egg yolk: 3
⦿ Key lime juice: 5 key limes
⦿ Grated key lime zest: 1 spoon
Video Source On Youtube:
Key Lime Pie recipe:
- If you want to make everything from scratch, then get some graham crackers and put them in the mixer to get a fine crumb. If you do not have that much time to spare, it is alright. There are tons of ready-to-use graham crackers crumbs available on the market. Use 1 cup of the crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press it into the base of a tart tin. Bake the base for a minimum of 10 minutes to make sure that it is dry and strong. This is an essential step. If you do not bake the base, the liquid batter that you put on top of it will not stay in its place and will make the base soggy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolk and whisk it well till it reaches a light yellow color, frothy consistency.
- To this beaten egg mix, add the condensed milk, and whisk it for another 5 minutes.
- Add the key lime juice and the zest of the key lime and whisk again for 2 minutes.
- When you see that the base has cooled down, pour the filling into the base
- Put the base into the oven for a maximum of 15 minutes
- Let the pie cool in the freezer for a few hours. However, it would be best if you left it in the freezer overnight.
- Decorate the pie with some cream, key lime zest, or icing sugar (you choose) before you eat
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Cooking time||25 minutes|
Nutritional Value: Per Serving
What Is Key Lime Kush?
If you have come across the name key lime kush, then you probably already know what it is. For those of you who do not know, key lime Kush is a hybrid form of marijuana.
This strain is made by mixing the Key Lime Pie and the Bubba Kush. as it is made from the key lime pie, it is often regarded as the key lime pie strain.
Because of the dominating presence of the key lime, it tastes citrusy with a little and very mild grassy aroma. Most growers think of it as an impressive strain.
Frequently Asked Question:-
Ans: Key lime pie and an ordinary lime pie are two different food items. There are many differences, especially in the method of making them.
However, the main point of difference between these two is the fact that to make the former, you need a lot more of that key lime juice. That means you need to work harder to make one single key lime pie.
Ans: The filling of the famous key lime pie is made of sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and a lot of lime juice.
Ans: The key lime pie is very similar to cheesecake. That being said, there is a difference. The difference lies in the fact that instead of using lemon, this traditional pie uses key lime.
It also does not contain a lot of sugar or condensed milk. That is another thing that should be kept in mind while making this authentic pie dish.
And That’s A Wrap!
Key lime pie is one of the oldest and most authentic dishes in America. And this is the reason why it is still so popular among the people. On many festive occasions or events, you will find that this popular dish has managed to find a place.
This sweet but not so sweet dessert is going to blow your mind if you think that you are going to try something basic.
The Key West of Florida, which is famous around the world for the local delicacies that it offers, is the place of origin of the Key Lime pie. If you are in Florida, hit the road for this local dessert.
If you are away from home and need something to comfort you and make you feel less homesick, try to make this fabulous recipe. Even though it does take some time and elbow grease, the end result is worth all the effort.