Virtual Assistants are now ruling the world. Especially when it comes to finding locations, reaching home, or keeping eyes on roads, virtual assistants like Google Assistant are the real hero. There is a command for Google Assistant called Hey Google Take Me Home, which guides your way to home in a hand’s-free manner.
In this article, we will guide you on how to use the Hey Google Take Me Home command effectively on different devices. So stay tuned with us and keep reading….
What Is Hey Google Take Me Home?
To be very precise, Hey Google Take Me Home is a type of voice command applicable to Google Assistant. On Android devices, it works perfectly and shows you the shortest directions to your home.
As Android uses Google assistant as its default virtual assistant, setting up “ Direct me Home ” is not a big deal. A little effort and procedures are required for iPhone devices. In the below segments, we will be providing explanations on that only.
How To Set Up Hey Google Take Me Home On Android Devices?
Setting up Hey Google Take Me Home on Android devices is quite an easy task. Google Assistant remains preinstalled on Android devices; thus there is no need to install it again from Google Play Store. So the only thing you need to do is set up the home address on Google Maps. Follow the steps below to enable directions to home on your Android phone:
- Open the Google Maps Application.
- Click on the Search Bar.
- Select “set location” under the “Home” tab.
- Enter the Home address and confirm that it is added.
- Now every time you say Hey Google Take Me Home or navigate me home on Google Maps, it will show you the route.
How To Set Up Hey Google Take Me Home On iOS Devices?
To set up Hey Google Take Me Home or Direct Me Home on your Android tablet or phone, follow the steps below:
- First, find the Google Assistant application on the App store.
- Now Tap on the Get option for installing it on your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, hit on the “Open” option.
- Now login to your Google Account and select the account which you want to use.
- You have to allow Google Assistant to remember the device’s information related to your contacts.
- After that, go through the pop-ups where it is written how Google Assistant works with Google.
- Then tap on the Continue button.
- Now to give access to your microphone for voice command, hit the microphone icon, and click on the OK.
- And you are all ready to give a voice command like Direct Me Home.
After that, it’s time to set up the Google Home Address for a successful Hey Google Take Me Home result. Just follow the steps in the above section to complete this procedure of allowing “ route me home ” on your iOS phone.
Messaging Management And Hey Google Take Me Home
Here is another interesting piece of information for you that I am sure you are not aware of. There exists something called SMS service management which would allow you to send SMS hands-freely. Guess who does this…it’s your one and only Google Assistant.
For example, if you ask Ok Google, navigate me home, an SMS would be handled. The best thing about SMS service management is you can regulate the social media messages as well.
How To Connect Smart Devices And Ask Hey Google Take Me Home
Just like you can connect Google Meet to intelligent displays, connecting Google Assistant is also not a headache. Not only phones and tablets, but you can also connect Google Assistant with intelligent devices and enjoy Route Me Home. With Google’s latest amazing advancements, including the Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality (VR), and Artificial Intelligence (AI), life has become more accessible.
You don’t have to do much except connect a few commands in the home assistant. Some of the examples are scheduling events, setting alarms, and OK Google Navigate Home, etc. Moreover, you can also now control your smart home devices such as outlets, bright lights, thermostats, and switches with Google Assistant. So with
Is There Any Benefit Of Using The Hay Google?
Google assistant is working based on multiple communication mediums. This is the most attractive feature of using Hay google. And another great advantage of using google assistant is entirely platform-independent. So from any device, you can control it and make it work.
Here are a few advantages of using the hay google.
- Google Assistant can work with voice commands and the voice searching method.
- The interactions will run entirely remote-based, most notably in the handsfree mode.
- The conversational interactions facility gives you the privilege of controlling your device and the smart home location.
- This method is great for reaching your home without typing your home address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although Google can answer any and every question of yours, I am still trying my hard here to answer some of the most common questions.
Ans: Hey, Google Take Me Home or Ok Google Navigate Home is a particular voice command designed for Google Assistant. After giving this command on your phone, it opens the Google Maps app and then begins with a route to your home address.
Ans: Yes, you can use the Hey Google Take Me Home command on the iPhone; it works perfectly. All you have to do is install the Google Assistant application in the Apple App store and then follow the steps accordingly.
Ans: Many times, Google Maps takes you to the destination a long way and doesn’t show you the shortest route. It is because Google maps select the routes for you, considering the estimated time to complete the trip by default.
If the longer route helps you complete the trip within a shorter time, then Google will show you that route only. Traffic, accidents, tolls, etc., determine this time, and hence, Google Maps take into account all these.
Ans: Yes, Hey Google Take Me Home is hands-free. It is because Google Assistant is itself a hands-free companion. Follow the steps below to activate directions to home for Google Assistant:
• Go to the Google Assistant program
• Say Assistant Settings
• Now hit on the “Voice Match” under Popular Settings
• Now switch on Hey Google. In case you can’t find Hey Google, Turn On Google Assistant.
Yes, you can give a name to the google assistant. First, open the google assistant home applications and the setting prompt. Scroll down the way and open the setting page. Then tap on the nickname under your tab. You have two options. One is simply to spell out the nickname and record the name. Your work is complete.
That was. According to the news from Tech Bezeer, the leading voice behind the Google assistant is Antonia Flynn. She was cast back in 2016.
Summing It Up
To conclude, we can confirm that Google assistant’s Hey Google Take Me Home or directions to home are getting popular. With each new update, the features and facilities are coming up day by day. This enhances the user experience as well.
I hope now you have understood Google Assistant’s Navigate Me Home feature and how to use it accurately. Do let us know your experience of using this command; we would love to hear from you!
You May Also Like: