Have you or someone you know been arrested due to drug possession charges? In that case, if you don’t have a great defense working behind you, you might get penalties that’ll ruin your entire life. You might also be sent to prison for the rest of your life.
Fortunately, though, you can prevent such a circumstance from happening. In this article, I’ll offer five tips that can help you get out of the drug charges without batting an eye.
So, let’s begin.
The Narcotics charges, as the name implies, review everything related to illegal drug usage or trafficking. Thus, if you are found in possession of any of the following, you’ll be charged with a lawsuit. Let’s keep reading to know more about it.
- Drug In-Possession: It’s a crime to possess any sort of controlled substance, such as cocaine, marijuana, or heroin. A lawsuit will be applicable whether you’re in possession of it or have the intention to distribute it.
- Manufacture and Delivery: If you are manufacturing and delivering any drug to some other entity, you’ll be held responsible in the eyes of the court.
- Paraphernalia: Tools used to prepare, produce, inhale, inject, or conceal an illegal drug is also considered to be a crime. So, you might be tagged with a lawsuit, if you’re found to be doing any of these actions.
The working procedure of a drug-related charge will depend on how you were using the drug, a photo containing the proof, or something else. So, it might be better to talk with an attorney and learn as much as possible about your situation before taking another step.
You can take care of your drug charges in five steps. We have discussed all of them accordingly here. So, let’s get to reading –
Charging someone with drug possession isn’t something the police can do instantly. It needs to be done after several things have happened. For example, you must be apprehended by law enforcement by conducting an official search. Also, they have to find at least one illegal drug in their possession. They can’t simply take you just because of receiving some intel from someone.
Once you’ve been apprehended for illegal drug possession, you’ll be taken to the police station for processing. For instance, if you have been arrested for Narcotics charges somewhere in San Francisco, you’ll be brought into a local station and questioned about your actions. If the police don’t find anything fishy about you, you’ll be left uncharged. So, cooperate with them.
After the processing is complete, you’ll have to attend an arraignment hearing. At this point, they will probably advise you about your rights. A bail amount will be set for you too. Hence, if you have the money to take care of the bail, do it at the beginning. Or else, you can call your attorney and have a talk with how you should proceed. If you don’t do anything, you’ll be put into jail.
When it comes to getting out of your Narcotics charges, you have to think a little out of the box. Also, communicating with your lawyer consistently will also be key to success. Apart from that –
- Don’t let the police get into your house as long as they don’t have the right permission or warrant to do so. If they have done it, you can use the same against them to get out of the charge you’ve been tagged with.
- Check if the drug that’s been sent to the laboratory or detective is truly yours or not. Ask for a chain of custody, if it’s possible. Don’t go to jail for something that doesn’t belong to you.
- Find out if you were framed by someone else or not. After all, the people working in the law enforcement service aren’t holy priests in any way. Thus, if you have been into trouble with someone, they will try to frame you. So, be careful and vigilant about it.
Tackling Narcotics charges all alone can be quite scary and confusing. Thus, make sure to opt for an attorney as soon as you’ve been apprehended by the police.
The quicker you come up with a decision, the higher your chances of getting released will be!