Most people who use the Microsoft suite daily do not know the best way to archive Outlook emails. In addition, many people still do not see the purpose of archiving emails and why many professionals do so.
Many professionals consider archiving emails a vital activity to keep no unwanted messages in their inbox. It also helps them to keep it clutter-free. Therefore, if you use Outlook, read this article to learn how to archive unwanted emails in outlook.
Outlook is a great application for managing your data. However, the emails sent to and from your clients must be assembled and arranged in a specific order. Therefore, start reading this blog and be more professional with your workspace.
What Is Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook (aka Outlook 365) is an application that is a part of the Microsoft Office Suite, now renamed Office 365. It is branded as a personal information manager to store all your essential information, like emails, contacts, calendar events, appointment schedules, etc.
You can download and install this application on most Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android platforms. Therefore, you can simply connect your Outlook account across all devices, cross-platform all activities, and even multi-task simultaneously.
Apart from being a part of the Microsoft Office suite, you can download and install it as a standalone application on your devices. However, you will still need to log in and use your Microsoft account to use all the functions of this application.
What Is The Use Of Outlook?
People globally use Microsoft Outlook for various purposes. Its main functions are:
- Access and organize all your information by collecting and storing functions in one place. This is necessary for a professional to organize all your data and make conducting tasks easier.
- You can receive and send emails to all your contacts using Outlook. In addition, you can learn the best way to archive emails in Outlook 365 to organize your mailbox.
- You can use Microsoft Calendar to manage your appointments with clients and other people by scheduling and managing them. You can also schedule virtual meetings and events. In addition, it allows you to notify people of appointments and events if they are connected to you through Outlook.
- It allows you to see all information about your Outlook contacts in one place. This includes their email ID, phone number, social media handles, and links to their LinkedIn profile.
- Using Microsoft Tasks, you can create memos and reminders about the tasks you need to do for the day. This makes your work life easier and more organized, increasing your overall productivity.
Why Do People Archive Emails In Outlook?
Now, you know what Microsoft Outlook is and its various uses. Therefore, let’s come to the main part of this article – what is the best way to archive outlook emails?
But first, you need to understand what is the purpose of archiving emails. So, what is an email archive, or what is archive in general? An archive is simply a folder where you store all the files you want to separate from your main folder.
Therefore, in the context of emails, an email archive is simply a folder where you will be able to keep extra emails separated from your mailbox. In addition, it helps you to keep unimportant emails separate from your mailbox so that it stays clutter-free and organized.
Therefore, instead of learning how to block emails on iCloud or how to block emails on iPhone, you should know the best way to archive Outlook emails.
This will help you filter out unwanted emails without deleting them or blocking the user. This is why archiving emails in Outlook is essential for many, especially if you receive tons of emails every day.
How To Archive Emails In Outlook?
There are two different ways to learn how to archive emails in Outlook. One is the manual process, while the other is the automatic process. They are explained as follows:
1. Best Way To Archive Outlook Emails Manually
To archive Outlook emails manually in the desktop version of Outlook, you need to:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your desktop.
- Click on the File option in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Info option on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Tools option.
- On the drop-down menu, select Clean Up Old Items.
- It will then show all your older emails to you. You can manually select which emails to delete or archive.
- After you are done selecting, you will find two options on the top of the screen to choose what to include in your archive and what folders to add to it.
- After selecting your preferences, you will need to specify the age of your archiving emails. Microsoft Calendars will automatically open up. Here you can choose the date of the latest and the oldest email you want to archive.
- Another pop-up option will open, from where you need to select which folder on your desktop you want to store all your archived emails.
- Click on Ok.
This will generate a PST file that gets stored in your selected folder in your archive. You can click on this PST file and open it with Outlook to get access to all your archive emails.
2. Best Way To Archive Outlook Emails Automatically
If you want to learn how to archive Outlook emails automatically, you will need to:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the File menu.
- Click on Options.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on AutoArchive on the right.
- Click on AutoArchive Settings.
- Tick and select the Run AutoArchive Every option on the top and select when AutoArchive starts running. You can untick this option anytime to stop archiving Outlook emails automatically.
- To specify the age of the Outlook emails to archive, you will need to select an email by clicking on the Default folder settings for Archiving.
- Browse and select a folder on your PC where you want to store archived Outlook emails by storing the PST file.
- Click on OK.
How To View Archived Emails In Outlook?
Now that you have learned the best way to archive Outlook emails, you must wonder how to view Archived Outlook emails? To do so, you need to:
- First, go to the File option inside Outlook.
- Next, click on Open and Export, located in the left sidebar.
- Finally, browse your PST file and click on Open Outlook Data File.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: You can archive emails in Outlook by simply reading the guide explained in this blog.
Ans: Yes, you should archive your Outlook emails to free up space and declutter your mailbox, keeping it organized.
Ans: You can get options for backing up your archive Outlook PST file by exporting the file from Outlook to any of your local drives.
Ans: Yes, archiving outlook emails frees up space and declutters your mailbox, improving performance since fewer emails need to be loaded up.
The best way to archive outlook emails can be done in two different ways. One is the automatic method, while the other is the manual method.
The manual method allows you to select which emails to archive from your mailbox manually. On the other hand, the automatic process will enable you to choose a date to specify the age of the emails that Outlook needs to archive automatically.
No matter which method you choose, archiving emails in Outlook will help you declutter your mailbox, improve its load time, and organize everything.
If you want to read more articles related to emails, then read our other blogs right here at WorldNewInn!