There is an exciting story behind nachos and how they became a popular food that most people crave.
I will tell you the recipe, but please let me start with the story?
Alright, let me begin….
In 1940, in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahulia, Ignacia Anaya created nachos. One day, at the Victory Club, a regular customer named Mamie Finan asked Anaya for something different than the usual snack she and three other women used to have.
Anaya went to the kitchen and saw some freshly fried tortillas. He then added melted cheese to it and added pickled jalapeño stips upon it. Anaya then cut the tortillas into a triangular shape and added some toppings.
When he served it to Mamie, in awe, she asked what its name was. In reply, Anaya said nacho’s special.
There you have it– now let me help you cook some delicious nacho using the recipe I will share with you. But first, let me tell you what nachos are–
What Is Nachos?
Nachos are a delicious Mexican snack made of tortilla chips in a triangular shape. The tortillas are topped with melted cheese, jalapeno, vegetables, meats, and several other toppings. You can use toppings like guacamole, olives, refried beans, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce.
You will need to gather a few ingredients and get your kitchen ready if you really want to make the best nacho. It will take you ten minutes to prepare this snack. The cooking time is around 25 minutes. Within 35 minutes, your delicious nacho will get ready.
- You need to read these ingredients first–
- 1 cup of cornflour
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup of Whole-wheat flour
- Water for kneading
- Barbeque masala
How To Make Homemade Nachos?
You need to follow these steps to make the best homemade nachos–
- The beginning step is to knead the flour. You can start by adding the flour to a bowl. Then, pour one tablespoon of oil with the required amount of salt, and mix it using your fingers.
- Now you need to water slowly and frequently as you keep kneading the dough.
- Your nachos need to be crispy, and they cannot be so if you didn’t get all the air out of the flour. How do you do that? By kneading the flour for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Now you need to let the dough rest for a while. After ten minutes, knead it for one more minute to smoothen the dough.
- Then you need to create medium-sized tortillas and keep them in separate places. They should be thin like Rotis.
- Now you need to semi cook these tortillas on a pan or a flat griddle. It would help if you did not cook them like Rotis.
- This little cooking/ backing (whatever you may call it) is only for evaporating the moisture out of the tortillas. They should be crisp.
- Now you need to cut the tortillas into triangular shapes to make nachos.
- In a deep fry pan, you need to fry these freshly cut tortillas.
- You have to fry the tortillas until they are crispy.
- When you are done frying them, you need to use some tissue paper to absorb the excess oil out of your nachos.
- Sprinkle some barbeque masala on before you serve them with delicious toppings.
Toppings For Nachos
Once you are done frying your nachos, you can serve them with different toppings. Toppings can modify or change the taste of Nachos. Based on your preference, you can choose the toppings.
Shredded Cheese Nachos: what is the best topping for nachos, you are asking me? That would be the melted cheese version, the traditional one.
Chicken Nachos: You can use chicken as the toppings of your nachos. You can season chicken with taco seasoning. Once you add perfectly seasoned chicken as toppings, the taste will change instantly.
Steak Nachos: Steak nachos are also delicious. You can use steak as the toppings on your nachos.
Ground Turkey Nachos: If you want a nachos light in protein, then topping it up with ground turkey can be a good idea.
Sour Cream Nachos: Mexican crema is a great topping for nachos. The sour Mexican cream makes nachos taste extraordinary when you splash it up with a little milk.
Salsa Nachos: salsa nachos are so fresh and tasty. You can buy your salsa from the store, or you can make them at home.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Following this recipe will make the process of cooking nachos easy for you. However, here are some popularly asked questions you can take note of before you start your cooking.
Ans: Once you are done cooking your nachos, you can top them with different toppings. For instance– include pickled red onions, pico de gallo, grilled corn, pinto beans, black olives, shredded lettuce, cotija cheese, and fresh jalapeño slices.
Ans: You need to use flour, water, oil, and salt to make the totals first. Then–
➼ You can mildly cook them to make them crispy.
➼ Now, you have to cut the tortillas in a triangular shape.
➼ Now deep fry the tortillas in oil to make crispy nachos.
Ans: You can add different types of toppings to nachos. Cheese among them is the best option to use. If you want me to name a few– Monterey Jack, cheddar, and American cheese are some worth mentioning options.
Ans: Is it healthy to eat nachos? Well, the answer is no. They may be delicious, but different types of rich ingredients make them indigestible sometimes. There is no harm in tasting them from time to time. But, they are certainly not the best food for regular intake.
It may not taste like the one made by Anaya himself; you can follow my recipe to make excellent nachos. The only hard part is making the dough and frying them properly to make the final product. You can choose any of the toppings I mentioned in this article.
If you follow my recipe, please share your experience with me. I will wait for your response to know what your nachos tasted like.
An Appetizing Recipe Of Reuben Sandwich – Origin, Recipe, Risks More
You May Like: